The course provides information on the safe and correct use of lifting equipment and accessories and best practice to promote a safer environment for persons involved. The course is according to industry approved standards.
The course is a mix of theory and practical with a bias towards practical exercises. Delegates are evaluated by means of an examination.
The syllabus designed to ensure that on completion of training the delegates will be able to:
- Identify common unsafe practices and probable consequences
- Understand lift planning
- Relate to crane lifting related incidents
- Understand relevant legislation applicable to lifting operations
- Understand basic functions of a crane
- Understand crane hand and radio signals
- Understand lifting operation risk assessment
- Understand responsibilities of a banksman/slinger
- Understand safe and correct methods of slinging loads, correct use and care of equipment (includes pre-use examination of equipment and identification of defects)
Stage 1, Stage 2 and Stage 3 certification available